Texas wins big at 2015 U.S. Beer Tasting Championship
The winter edition of the U.S. Beer Tasting Championship was held on February 7th, and Texas racked up a handful of awards including a Grand Champion award for Fort Worth, TX’s, Rahr & Sons Brewing Company.
According to a press release from the USBTC, “A total of 469 beers from 145 breweries were examined across 15 different beer categories. Within each category, the USBTC determined both a Grand Champion and the best entry from each of six U.S. regions: 1)Northeast, 2) Mid-Atlantic/Southeast, 3) Midwest, 4) Rockies/Southwest, 5) California, and 6) Northwest/Pacific.” Texas was represented in the Rockies/Southwest category and the winners are listed below:
Texas winners in italics-
- Whiskey Barrel Aged Beer Temptress Lakewood Brewing Company Garland , TX
- Non-whiskey Aged Beer Sangre Revolver Brewing Granbury, TX
- Honorable Mention Farmhouse Ale Wanderlust Brewing Flagstaff, AZ
- Barleywine The Duke Peticolas Brewing Dallas, TX
- Strong/Old Ale Rahr’s Winter Warmer Rahr and Sons Brewing Company FT Worth, TX
- American Black Ale Black I.P.A. Santa Fe Brewing Santa Fe, NM
- Imperial Stout Ten Fiddy Oskar Blues Brewing Longmont, CO
- Stout Barrel One Revolver Brewing Granbury, TX
- Porter Jamieson Station Brasserie St James Reno, NV
- Brown Ale Winter Bourbon Barrel Brown Grand Canyon Brewing Williams, AZ
- Scottish-Style Ale Iron Thistle Rahr and Sons Brewing Company FT Worth, TX
- Honorable Mention Great Scot Peticolas Brewing Dallas, TX
- Belgian-Style Ale Flying Monk Adelberts Brewery Austin, TX
- Dark Lager/Dunkel Ugly Pug Rahr & Sons Brewing Company Ft. Worth, TX
- Vienna/Marzen Lager Lakewood Lager Lakewood Brewing Company Garland, TX
- Spice Beer Nightmare Before Xmas Cobra Brewing Lewisville, TX
- Bean Beer Bad Baptist Epic Brewing Salt Lake City, UT
So you see, Texas whooped some tail in its region. Good to see!
Are you a fan of any of these winners? Let us know in the comments section below.