Spoetzl Brewery Announces New Chocolate Stout
The Spoetzl Brewery, makers of Shiner beer, announced the latest anniversary beer on social media that continues its annual forray into the craft beer scene.
Dubbed ‘Birthday Beer’, this new addition will be a chocolate stout, and it will be celebrating the brewery’s 106th birthday.
The anniversary beers were originally created to lead into the 100th anniversary of the brewery, but after growth of the ‘craft’ scene, Shiner has decided to continue the program indefinitely. You’ll notice on the list below that some styles made it through the program and are now readily available year round.
See previous anniversary styles (h/t @ahaley, courtesy Spoetzl Brewery Wikipage)
- Shiner 96 — Märzen/Oktoberfest
- Shiner 97 — Bohemian Black Lager
- Shiner 98 — Bavarian Style Amber
- Shiner 99 — Munich Style Helles Lager
- Shiner 100 Commemorator — Starkbier
- Shiner 101 — Czech-style Pilsner
- Shiner 102 — American Style Double Wheat Ale
- Shiner 103 — Wild Hare Pale Ale
- Shiner 104 — White Wing Belgian White Ale
- Shiner 106 Birthday Beer — Chocolate Stout
Interesting that such a bold style of beer is what was chosen, but look forward to finding it and trying it out. Let us know if you pick some up and let us know what you think in the comment section below.
603 East Brewery Street, Shiner, TX 77984