Electric Smokers Add Options to Barbecue Fans
I know, I know- if it’s not smoked using wood, heat and time, it probably ain’t good ‘cue.
I also know not everyone has the opportunity to get a fancy smoker, or have that kind of time to do it that way. There is another option: The electric smoker.
Typically running about two feet tall, these little pint-sized smokers can cut the time of traditional methods, and there are ways to add additional flavor with flavor injecting and various styles of wood-chips that can be placed inside the device.
Here are some units that we think can make some halfway decent barbecue:
- Up to 22 lbs. of meat capacity per load
- 400 watt heating element, 8 amps 120 volt single phase
- 3″ Diameter rubber casters and 2 removable shelves included
- All 201, 18 ga. stainless steel construction
- 730 sq. inches of cooking space with 4 chrome-coated racks and 800 watt heating element
- Digital temperature and timer controls
- Thermostat temperature control for even cooking from 100 to 275 degrees F
- Convenient side loading wood chips, removable drip pan and top air damper
- Ideal smoker for all experience levels
Here are some great wood chips to check out too!
- One of the most popular cooking woods
- Apple wood chips creates less dense smoke
- Fruity flavor benefits pork and poultry
- Adds wood smoke flavor to your favorite foods
- 3-Pound bag